In less than 15 hours I will fly out to Shanghai from LA. For someone who traveled a great deal in her early years, this will be my first international travels in 15 years! I cannot be more excited – yes, I am saying that exactly how Chandler Bing would say it.
I’m going to be traveling with my aunt who’s arriving from Sydney and the plan is to meet up with her in Shanghai, then en route to Hangzhou via the bullet train!
Other than this, we have no plans, no itinerary to follow, no agenda to complete. Everything we do will be on a whim.
The only planning I did was packing and even then there were only two parameters I was constrained by:
- I knew its going to be 40-55 degrees (F) during our stay there
- I want to fit everything into a carry-on + personal item. If domestic flights baggage claims takes forever, then international baggage claims will take forever.
Anyway, without further ado, here’s the list!
What’s in the carry-on?
- 1 dress
- 1 black cardigan
- 2 scarfs
- 2 skirts
- 5 long sleeve shirts
- 6 sweaters
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of black yoga pants (to wear on the flight)
- Others: stocking, delicates, socks, PJs, black tank top
- 1 pair of maroons flats
- 1 pair of black boots (to wear on the flight)
What’s in my backpack?
- Laptop with case and power cord
- Hygienic items: toothbrush, Q-Tips, toothpaste, floss, soap, shampoo, deodorant, hand sanitizer, towelettes
- Face care: face wash, toner, moisturizer, sun block, eye cream, lip balm
- Makeup: Mascara, BB cream, blush, contour powder, eye primer, eye shadow, makeup brushes
- Other: Kleenex, first aid kit, wet wipes, passport, DSLR camera, iPhone, iPhone charger, camera charger, books, my kikki-k planner, some jewelry, small cross body purse
As I plan on traveling more often I made a few investments on my travel gear and I must say, I’m loving them so far!
- Packing Cubes
These are amazing! I packed 15 days worth of clothes into my carry-on with these. They keep my bag so organized and I can stack them like tetris blocks. Now I understand the appeal to these.
- DSLR sleeve
I scratched my poor camera in Chicago and don’t want to batter it up further. I decided to invested in one of these.
- My Travel Backpack
I got this for $40 from Ross, what a steal!! But it fits a little big on my 5 feet 0 body. Again, I’ll see how this works, I may have to fork over some $ and invest in an Eagle Creek backpack if need to.